Lexus Of Tampa Bay in Tampa, Florida - DISGUSTING & I believe Illegal

Insurance Quality

Complaint Description: Own a 2001 RX300 with 101,000 miles, purchased new has all required maintenance and now does not start randomly. Lexus cant diagnose Own a 2001 RX300 with 101,000 miles, purchased new - Vehicle has all required maintenance and now does not start randomly.

Lexus had the vehicle for a week and can not diagnose the problem. Told me I could leave the car with them - for an undefined period of time (even said it could be MONTHS) and at an UNDETERMINED Cost to me. Told me they have a 2017 car they cannot diagnose yet, and that the owner of the car, currently has a bill of $2500.00 owed to LEXUS. Totally Unacceptable - these cars are expensive because they are supposed to last over 200K.

Lexus website states: Lexus of Tampa Bay cares deeply about the life of your vehicle. For as long as you drive your vehicle, our commitment to you continues with world-class Lexus service, parts and accessories.

Schedule your Service or call (813) 365-7152 for questions regarding service and/or parts. THIS IS FALSE, as they do not care deeply about me or my vehicle - purchased new from them & now not running properly and they are not providing world class service - instead VERY POOR SERVICE.

Product or Service Mentioned: 2001 Lexus Rx 300 Car.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Charge me $100 for one diagnostic fee, provide me with a free loaner vehicle, until you have diagnosed why the car will not start and give me an estimate of the repair.

I liked: Politeness of the service consultant.

I didn't like: Being told they do not know what is wrong with my lexus, In order to fix the car it i must leave car w them for, An unknown time and cost - just to diagnose not even repair.

Lexus Of Tampa Bay - Customer Care Review

Lexus Collision Center on Sligh in Tampa has the worst staff at the front desk and the manager Bill is no better....ive had to deal with them several times and it's always a huge hassle.....don't even want to explain all the nightmares of dealing with them. They will ignore the customers at the desk for linng periods of time to deal with people who are calling in that are mad about there work. Take it anywhere else

Product or Service Mentioned: Lexus Of Tampa Bay Customer Care.

Lexus of Tampa Bay

Absolutely the worst car buying experience I've ever had in my 50 years. The buying experience itself was mediocre at best, as the salesmen (we had two different ones on two separate trips) were lukewarm to any requests for information.

However, the pain of choosing a vehicle and negotiating a price paled in comparison to the travesty that was signing the papers. We arrived on time and were told the finance person was busy with another customer and would be with us shortly. One and a half hours later we were still waiting for her. All that time our salesman would stop in on us approximately every ten minutes to try to get us to agree to buy one of their upsell items.

They literally would not let us leave until we agreed to buy something from them in addition to the car. I would have gotten up and left except they already had our trade in back in the service bay. Finally we agreed to the cheapest upsell on the list (I have no idea what it was because I know I'll never use it) just to get them to finalize the deal. Once we agreed to buy an upsell item the finance lady was with us in less than 5 minutes.

What a coincidence!

I absolutely, positively, under no circumstances will ever buy from this dealer ever again, and in fact will never buy a Toyota/Lexus ever again (this is my third). The taste in my mouth is that bad.

Comments

Now you know why they call it "the grind". Next time, try the Costco auto purchase plan.